View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 04:36 AM  
alpacassei
PM Fluffy for custom title

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnjerry View Post
I connect multiple OVO Home. The total land area is actually more than 70X40 anyway.

As to ventilation, they thermoventilate themselves. If too cold they snuggle together to sleep. If too hot they sleep in the OVO den, with sand & shredded tissue as a nest.
That doesn't matter, they need a single surface of atleast 70x40cm to run around and burrow in. Connecting small cages will not not work.

Also, I meant ventilation as in the air from outside the cage that goes in and out of the cage. If there's not enough fresh air ventilation then it will cause respiratory and other health problems.
I have no idea what thermoventilate means but I could only find it used in the context of ovens so are you thinking of a different word?

How many hamsters are you keeping together and what species are they? Groups and pairs definitely do better in single space cages than in modular units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnjerry View Post
Now I changed to compressed wood pellets. They tried again but failed coz the wood pellets roll down! Hamster 0 Ventilation 1
I mentioned in another thread but wood pellets aren't really a suitable bedding since it's too hard on their tiny paws and doesn't allow them to burrow properly

Last edited by Vectis Hamstery; 03-29-2017 at 06:29 AM.
alpacassei is offline   Reply With Quote