View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 03:04 PM  
Aimeehammy
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Vivarium suitable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Ah well spotted Amity! It does say formaldehyde free. It's hard to tell from a picture but it does still look like bare chipboard although mentions "laminate plate", so maybe it is laminated on the inside? Maybe you could ring them and ask. I think otherwise I'd still be a bit iffy about chipboard and the chemicals.

Junglepets make custom built tanks. They make specific ones for hamsters which come with a wood and mesh lid, but none of those are particularly large.

They will make one any size you want but something the size of that vivarium would probably cost about 150.

The biggest hamster one is 4 foot but it's only 15" deep which is worse than the detolf

I think I was quoted about 125 for 100cm x 50cm x 50cm tall a year or so ago.

Small Animal housing

Custom aquaria also make custom tanks like Hamsterita's. They would again make any size you want, with a platform if required, and a deep base with front opening doors above and a mesh lid. But 150 to 200 ish probably.

You could just get a tall kitchen larger unit carcass and tip it on its back and make a mesh lid It is mdf but enclosed in melamine. It would come flatpack so you could maybe replace one panel with perspex.

IT Kitchens White Standard Larder End Panel A | Departments | DIY at B&Q

There is also the Living World Green Eco Habitat - the large one has excellent floorspace - it's just under 4 foot wide but is also 78cm deep so a huge floor area. Also 150 though.

Living World Green Eco Habitat | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!

Could she eat her way through the wood of the living world eco?
Aimeehammy is offline   Reply With Quote