Thread: Girl or boy?
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 02:35 PM  
Drago
The Hamtologist

Default Re: Girl or boy?

I definitely prefer boys for several reasons. I have owned an even amount of both males and females so I do have experience with both genders, and though I used to prefer females, males have become my favorites. One reason I like males is that they don't smell as bad since they don't go into heat like females. I also like that males are less prone to certain infections like pyo and other uterine issues which can be a huge expense and heartbreak if they were to affect your female. There's also no chance that your ham is pregnant when you get them so no surprise litters I also in general feel that males are much calmer than females. All my females have been huge explorers and runners, but my males have been more laid-back (with the exception of Chance) and would much rather snuggle than run. However, this can be a con if you're looking for a super active hamster who likes to run all about and get into all kinds of adorable mischief. However, all in all, each hamster is different and gender in no way determines what your hamster will be like! Good luck choosing, make sure to post picture of your ham once you get him/her
Drago is offline   Reply With Quote