View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 08:01 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Best veggies for Hybrids and Syrians?

It's the avocado skin & stone that are toxic so any flesh that doesn't touch those parts should be safe but I prefer not to risk it personally.

alpacassei all my hybrids & Chinese tend to have different favourites when it comes to veg so you may need to experiment to find out which go down well, don't give up on the first try if they don't appear to like something as it can take a little while for them to get used to things.
Go easy on sweet veg but try as much variety as possible with the other veg, begin with small pieces every two to three days & work up to daily. You can start with similar amounts & work up the same way with syrians too.
This is my list if it helps.

Safe veg, those marked * are relatively high in sugar so only feed to diabetes prone species as an occasional treat if at all.
Asparagus
Basil
Broccoli
Brussels sprouts
Common or red clover
Cabbage, green or red
Carrot*
Cauliflower
Celery
Chard
Coriander
Courgette
Cress (not mustard & cress as commonly sold together)
Cucumber
Dandelion leaves & flowers
Endive/chicory
Green beans/runner beans
Kale
Pak choi/Bok choi
Parsley
Peas/mange tout/sugar snap/snow*
Peppers, any colour
Potato/sweet potato cooked only*
Radicchio
Spinach
Squash/pumpkin*
Swede
Sweet corn/baby corn*
Turnip

Tofu is a big favourite with all of mine too but is used to supplement protein levels, only if needed but a good alternative to mealworms or chicken.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote