View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 02:14 PM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Cool Re: ~Bambi's Thread~

Hi everyone! Today had been.. Eventful? I thought that Bambi sick This morning when I got home I was immediately worried because Bambi wasn't out and he's usually awake still when I get home in the morning.
I looked in his nest - I don't go into his nest often but when I do he usually wakes up and comes to see me. His breathing was really weird and he wouldn't open his eyes, I couldn't get him to drink or eat or anything.. Let me just say, this was the way Misty was before she died.

So being my normal paranoid self I start panicking, I told my cousin that I thought that he was sick and we should take him to the vets. Of course, our vets just HAD to be closed today.

I really thought he was going to die, he looked just like Misty did and it brought back so many bad memories. I was so upset and confused, my cousin said that he was absolutely fine last night.. He was on his wheel, in his sand, eating, drinking and he come out for play time and he seemed fine.
So none of us went into the room for the rest of the day - we felt so useless since the vets was closed there was nothing we could do.
Around an hour ago I managed to convince my mum to go and check on him -I didn't want to because I was so scared that he would be dead.

So she goes into the room and for a while she doesn't say anything, so already I'm expecting the worst. So my mum calls be and she's like -
"Megan, come here." She said it so slow and quietly so my immediate thought was 'Oh my gosh, he's going to be dead.'

So I walk into the room and Bambi is just playing in his sand having the time of his life! I was so confused I really thought he was going to die. Obviously I'm so happy that he's alive - I cried when I saw him. He seems fine now and I feel really silly for spending the whole day crying. He still hasn't eaten yet but he's been on his wheel for a while so I'm hoping that he's OK and that maybe he was just in a really deep sleep earlier and that's why he was acting weird? Fingers and paws crossed.

We're going to keep very close eyes on him and hopefully he'll be OK. He's only five months old so hopefully we still have a long time left with him. Sorry for rambling on and on and also, sorry if this doesn't make much sense I don't know if I've mentioned it before but English actually isn't my first language I feel like you must all have such a hard time reading my posts I hope it's not too annoying.
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote