View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 06:43 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

Larry-Jasper is doing well. We've had lots of cuddles and play time in the last few days, while I've been at my Dad's.

He's so incredibly tame!

This morning he had broccoli, which he really enjoyed. His favourite is red pepper though. I saw him enjoy some freeze-dried chicken on Friday night.

Larry-Jasper will be 1 next month, on the 27th April. I'm not too sure on his present budget yet, but I really want to order him a Leif house and the wooden hamster play pen from Zooplus. I would like to order stuff from RatRations or Rodipet, but I think it may be a bit pricey and I still haven't been forgiven for my Christmas present import duties. Any other suggestions?

Also trying to convince my Dad to change the unit under Larry-Jasper's cage to an Ikea Kallax unit because it will fit perfectly and I will have more storage for hamster toys .

My Dad might be moving very far away in Autumn to a new house, where I can get a bigger cage, so I am exploring potential options for that. I would also be allowed a second hamster, which I already have a thread about. I'm debating on a number of 100cm cages. My favourite is the Savic Hamster Plaza Knockdown, because of the HUGE door. The other contenders are an Alexander, Barney or another DIY Ikea cage: the Linmon cage which is a bit bigger than the other cages. Any other cage suggestions?

Also looking at a new big travel cage, as I HATE the Pets At Home large wire cage with a passion. It is an ideal size, but everything else about it is terrible. The clips for the wire to the base keep pinging open. I want something slightly bigger than the 40cm by 60cm. Maybe 60 by 50 or 70 by 40. Any cage suggestions for that?

Thanks