View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 04:52 AM  
Katie_Ann
Newborn Pup

Exclamation How can I reduce the stress of a robo hamster?

Hey, to anyone who's found my thread! Please Read my whole thread!

Here's my problem. If you've checked out my profile you will be aware that I only have one hamster. He is roborovski hamster and I have had him for around eight months. In the past I have had two Syrian hamsters and they liked me a lot until they passed away. But I feel as if with my new hamster he has become really stressed.

His names Jasper and I have noticed that I can't pick him up without him running away. He poops a lot when I hold him and cleans himself also meaning that he is trying to calm himself down. Likewise, I have noticed that he has a bold patch with a bump on the side of his face which is worrying! I took him to the vet however it will cost £120 to but him under anaesthetic and take a look at him and £200+ if there is something stuck in his check.

Family members and friends have told me it's best to see what happens, but it's just too expensive for an £11.99 hamster. I love him dearly but I'm unsure what to do.

He also likes too dig and try's to claw out of his cage. It's a fish tank I bought for half price and added mesh at the top. He has many toys inside the cage like his wheel, running disk and a second floor! So I'm unsure what to do really... Has anyone got any advice, to reduce the stress of hamsters? Also, what your opinion on what I should do about the bump on the side of his face?

I would really appreciate someone writing back to me!
Thanks very much, Katie_Ann xx
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hamster Image 2.jpg (2.06 MB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Hamster Image 5.jpg (2.82 MB, 16 views)
Katie_Ann is offline   Reply With Quote