View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 05:07 PM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Chacombe (MHC) Show - 4th March 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffagrams View Post
Thank you.

I'm hopeful that his nose will heal fully but we'll have to wait and see.

Whilst we didn't do quite as well as we have done at some of the previous shows and didn't come home with any rosettes (Matthew got a couple of prize cards), I still think it was a worthwhile experience and comparing the comments and scores from different judges gives me a better picture on what I might need to work on with a future pairing. For example, if several judges have said that a particular hamster's head is a bit narrow then you'd find them a partner who has a good head to balance it out.

It made me smile when I read the comments about Victoria... she didn't place but it was recorded that she was cute. Oddly enough, nearly every judge that has judged her has mentioned that she's cute. Although cute isn't enough to get her a Best in Show, I've always thought she was cute so it's nice to see that I'm not biased.
Congratulations on Matthew's certificates! I only have two rosettes - one from the pet class at Real London and one from when he was the only entrant on Saturday, so don't worry if you didn't get a rosette. Shows are always an excellent experience!

I don't think anyone can be biased over Victoria's cuteness ! In her show pen, she looked so tiny and sweet. I hope I was looking at the right hamster though, because she seems a lot smaller than Matthew. If this is the case, Jasper is bigger than her!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Congratulations Chesca and Larry Jasper! That sounds amazing the hammy having babies on the grid lol. I hope all were ok. She can tell them when they grow a bit bigger that they were born at a Hamster show lol.
Thank you Serendipity ! Certainly a cool experience, but I do hope those babies are ok (not injured or rejected by their mum). Lol, that made me chuckle