View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 04:12 PM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Default Re: Future Pets(Or the chaos I somehow got myself into)

I definitely think that you should follow your heart when deciding which of these wonderful animals are right for you and your other pets. I believe that whichever route you decide to go with, you will make a wonderful parent for any of them and they will be very lucky for you to love and care for them.

I have a female guinea pig, and she is a true blessing to me and my life. Guinea pigs make absolutely terrific pets. Mine has SO much personality. She is such a loving girl. She loves to play for hours no matter the time of the day or night. She loves to snuggle with me and is extremely attentive and interactive. She is everything that I could have wanted in a furry friend and much, much more. She is also very easy to care for and not TOO much more expensive than having a hamster. They do, however, take much more space and their food is slightly more expensive. However, they have a much longer lifespan which is wonderful since you absolutely fall head-over-heals in love with them and so the more time the better. I wish that hamsters lived longer.

My sister had a bunny, and he was a splendid pet as well. He lived for several years, too. He loved to play around and also enjoyed being walked around her garden. Whenever I babysat him, he was truly a joy to take care of and pamper.

My friend had a ferret, and he was a true trickster. He would get into plenty of mischief whenever possible and absolutely loved stealing anything that he could. Although many believe that they have a tendency to be nippy, I did not have that experience with my friend's ferret. I suppose that it is just like any type of animal; it depends on early training and the specific temperament of the individuals involved. If you decide to get a ferret, you should realize that they are like a 3-year old child in their mentality (which they never outgrow). They also need tons of time to truly care for their needs so they won't get into extra mischief than typical. They also need an extremely large cage with a hammock-type bed for their comfort. They make an excellent pet.

I have never owned a cat since I am allergic to them. I have had dogs before, and I absolutely love German shepherds, terriers of all types, border collies, and spaniels (particularly English springer spaniels, cocker spaniels, and King Charles spaniels).

I also had a sun conyer parrot for several years and absolutely adored him. They make amazing pets, but they are EXTREMELY loud at times and quite expensive in the beginning. I TOTALLY love parrots. Mine learned how to say "Love you!", played extensive brainteaser games and puzzles, and loved to fly to me and cuddle.

Good luck with your future choice of pet. I am sure that any one that you choose will be perfect for you since you are definitely not rushing into anything and appear to thoroughly be getting important info. on all your possibilities. Have fun dreaming about your next special pal. I would LOVE to know how things are going. Enjoy the journey!
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote