View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 06:35 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Future Pets(Or the chaos I somehow got myself into)

A free roaming bun would be a disaster for me,unless I had two spare rooms(not possible)since one would have to go to the ferret Free roaming in my bedroom isn't possible either,due to cords and such.I will have a playpen to section off at least part of it though,forgot to mention that but I was already planning on doing so.At first I was thinking about either getting a large storebought cage only a few inches below the US minimum for one bun with a playpen around it but keeping the door of the cage open all the time,but then the grids were purchased and are much cheaper anyways.They usually have single buns in one of the local shelters,which could be an option(still not a fan of the local shelters,but if I feel good enough about the bun going to see it I could probably just deal with it).

My 15 pound dog thinks he's huge Honestly despite being so small his jaw strength is crazy,pretty much the same as a pit but he's way smaller.He's all muscle too,pretty much no fat to him.His brother is very different though,but that's the difference of a good diet and proper excersize from a young age I guess.

I've been around chihuahuas with great personalities and chihuahuas with terrible personalities,but at the end of the day I don't think they're any worse than other breeds.Their small size means they shouldn't eat a ton of food,certainly less than a large breed dog for example a great dane or rottweiler or pit!For me this isn't all about the money that would get spent(even though I won't complain about spending less money),but more the extra room in budget for providing more variety of foods and allowing for a great rotational diet(including a variety of high quality kibbles,freeze dried raw,and other things).Of course,some high quality brands only do large bags of dog kibble,so that is a bit annoying in this case although great for owners with several dogs or larger dogs!
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote