View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 02:09 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Future Pets(Or the chaos I somehow got myself into)

I don't think a bonded pair from a rescue would be possible,at least without travelling very far and risking the health of the rabbits with transportation.Local shelters aren't very good even for dogs and cats in my situation,especially since I want the most ethical source possible no matter which way I go(breeder,rescue,etc)which at least one local shelter is very questionable in their practices.The other local shelter would maybe work,but they tend to rarely have pairs of rabbits in my experience(though they did have a pair of piggies at one point I was very tempted to try adopting!).

I could just get several groups of guinea pigs instead though,rather than taking the risk of having horrible luck with several rabbits.I'm not saying I'd absolutely never try though,as there is the possibility of a neutered male and spayed female pairing which is supposed to be better in general especially with littermates.Of course,that would take some very serious planning.

Animals in general is just one of many passions Then again,I couldn't avoid them anyways being somewhat of an animal magnet(even with reptiles).
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote