View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 03:35 AM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Future Pets(Or the chaos I somehow got myself into)

If the grids weren't wire I could definitely use them for a playpen!Maybe a guinea pig playpen?I didn't think of that but it could be extremely useful,or if I did still go with a second pack the excess could go towards a guinea pig playpen rather than a hedgehog cage!

Ferrets in general can be overwhelming.The cage I have in mind would be wonderful for rats too though,but in terms of what will be easiest to provide the best food for I'd have to say ferrets would be easiest.They'd be more expensive,but I'd at least be able to avoid having to order internationally to get the best(Science Selective for rats in terms of a base pellet,then extra seeds and such for the necessary variety)and while I could kind of make due with rats on Oxbow for example it just isn't something I want to do nor do I feel comfortable providing anything less than the best!

I think what was overwhelming me most was figuring out what to feed the ferret and trying to figure out the best place to find good options,since feeding a homemade raw food is kind of impossible as my parents will not allow that.Of course,it probably didn't help that I mentioned you can feed them frozen thawed mice/rats!

The prey animals always stay separate from the predators,especially considering the ancestors of cats for example would(depending on subspecies)be natural predators of hamsters!

You do have a good point though when it comes to the first few weeks I don't think I'd want to be dealing with taming several animals(or getting some used to me)all at once,so that is in consideration.

The Burmese does sound like a good option!More of a normal sized cat I suppose,much more normal than the ones I have which weigh around 20 pounds(about 9kg)each with the smaller ones I've had weighing around 5 pounds(less than 3kg,and those would be munchkins/munchkin mixes).

So far it has been much easier overall though,especially after figuring out a better source to find more options for food I still need to give myself a while to really determine as many options as possible though,which shouldn't be too difficult.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote