View Single Post
Old 02-22-2017, 11:14 AM  
dreamtree1234
The Cuddler of Cuteness

Wink Eros - A 007 Hammy Secret Agent!

"What's that bright, white light shining above me?" I thought to myself as I scurried to climb up to reach for it. I can't believe I am finally relieved of all this darkness that has surrounded me for a whole week since I left my family. I can even hear the sounds of those silly two-legged creatures just around the corner. "They are coming for me! I hope that this time I can have playtime with those odd, tall creatures instead of just having my food bowl refilled and then back to the soundproof darkness I go. Can it truly be that I am able to sniff at this one's hand and she is actually petting me? She is even oohing and awing about how adorable I am and how much she loves me."

She is picking me up and cuddling with me. She even seems to notice that I have a dark, ruby, left eye and a bright, pink right eye. Is she giggling about my heart-shaped marking on my white band and saying how perfect I am for a Valentine's Day hammie?

Oh, did I mention that I am a long-haired, male Syrian hamster? I think I am quite the awesome, athletic hammie even though I am only a few weeks old. I wanted to demonstrate my incredible skills so I am climbing up the side of my bottle for the umteenth time just for kicks.

"Wow, this is quite the experience!" Now, I am being lifted to this female's paws and I am enjoying crawling on her. "Everything is AWESOME! I am going to find myself a new home, and I choose to be with HER!"

All of the sudden, I hear in the vicinity a little two-legged girl's shrilling, high-pitched scream. My new friend does not know the other two-legged one and is just as shocked as I am. She politely asks her to please calm down so I won't be frightened. I guess my friend must have heard my chattering and growls as she gently, but securely, encircles her paws completely around me. My friend is speaking to me softly and comfortingly to reassure me that I am safe and everything is alright.

The next thing I know, I am being placed in a cardboard box filled with some fresh new bedding and a few delicious treats. I do hope that my journey this time won't be too long.

When we arrive at my friend's home, she places me in my new, large bin home and lets me rest. She has everything nice and cozy for me, and I know that I am finally loved and TRULY home. Everyday she lovingly talks to me in a sweet, soft voice, makes sure that I have a chance to smell her scent, gives me plenty of yummy food and fresh water, and even pets me when I am receptive to it. Maybe she isn't going to be just my new friend, but my mommie, too. I love my new home, and I am so glad that we chose each other to love.

Since my arrival here on Thursday, February 9th (just one day short of two weeks), she has been asking me if I like any of these names: Valentino (probably after St. Valentine), Sakura ("cherry blossom" in Japanese), Samur ("always" in Thai), Je taime ("I love you" in French), Carmello (probably because of my caramel coloring and white marshmellow band stripe that I refer to as my "super power belt"), Pepe le pew (after the Looney Tunes animated skunk - don't ask me why, maybe because of the silly love between two unlike creatures), Amore ("love" in Italian), and Eros (Greek, winged God of Love). Yesterday, she even played a game with me where she called to me using each name while holding a green treat (maybe because of the upcoming St. Patty's Day), and I had to decide at which name I was going to come and eat from her hand.

Eros was my personally chosen name because like my Greek counterpart, I too believe in my speedy, athletic skills (no American Ninja Warrior Salmom Ladder can defeat me), I am truly a god of LOVE, and I have a perfect heart on center of my back. I can shoot my arrow of love to you, too, so be careful world I'm on a special mission of love, LoVe, LOVE!!!

Right now, my treats are waiting for me and I have a special date with my mommie for a playtime session. I now love to be petted and even picked up sometimes. Soon, I may even be willing to be held up close again. Who knows - this is the month of love after all!

As soon as possible, we hope to send a few pics of me so you can put my adorable name to my perfectly fitting name. Until then, please give all of my friend hammies a HUGE hug and kiss for me.

Last edited by souffle; 04-24-2018 at 12:03 AM. Reason: OP request
dreamtree1234 is offline   Reply With Quote