View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 02:01 PM  
souffle

Default Re: Chinesesy Sisters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnamon Bear View Post

Hamsterita, I know you mean the best but my mind & heart is set up to try to keep them together. Chasing Kylie around was a test to see what would happen? I made a mistake.

I thought I was dying of cancer so I was open to anything involving hamsters. An opportunity for a pair came up with these & it may be a beautiful thing.

I know the breeders have the best intentions too but they don't walk in my steps. If they fight, at least I tried, I have a spare cage right here.

I'm not going to return anybody to the store, as they are both now my responsibility.

I don't think it's right to slam me down at all. It's better not to say anything if it can't be positive imo

Time will tell with this situation. I use a flashlight to check on them during the night. Their water bottle doesn't wake me up anymore but when they made noises a few days ago, I was up immediately.

Let's all be a team instead of judging. I feel I have enough experience to handle this. If not I'll be completely honest as to how they are doing
But God willing. They will their lives happily together & healthy too. I'm open to being wrong, so let's see.
Every member is entitled to an opinion CB just like you are.
Yes breeders has their opinions and this is from experience with the species. They are offering their opinions to protect you from possible disaster and nothing else. Obviously it is up to you as their carer but remember keeping two females together is never natural and using that as an experiment could result in heartbreak. I personally have years of experience and would never do it. It may be beautiful to you but they are not small persons in skins and you need to think of them as hamsters and not people and do what is right for them in my opinion. Never test them.

Good to hear nobody is being returned but remember it was you that suggested this

Nobody is slamming you down CB. They have concerns for both the hamsters and yourself and may express their opinions. Please try and interpret the posts as they are intended.

I do hope they manage to stay together happily and that you enjoy sharing a peaceful and worry free life with them
souffle is offline   Reply With Quote