View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 01:30 AM  
Hamsterita
La loca de los hamsters

Default Re: Chinesesy Sisters

I know it's difficult to let them be, that you want to accelerate the taming process, and that you mean no harm for them, but If they were having their first squabbles maybe another change wouldn't be the best action to take for their stress. Now you've already did it, so there's anything you can do about it, but out of respect I think that next time maybe you should try not to be so impulsive. Don't get offended please, I'm just trying to explain the best I could what I think. If they're having problems between them these kind of things can make them worse.

And I think about the same about chasing them to hold them. More over, in my experience, pushing too hard it's completely counterproductive. My ham was skittish and very very independent. After six months he doesn't enjoy very much handling, but the more space I give him the more "affective" he is (he comes out, he plays, he stays around, etc.) Sometimes we have to try to accept them just the way they are, and sometimes the relation can get better that way.

I hope they're getting along in the new tank. If they had another squabble I wouldn't wait to separate them. I would pay more attention of what breeders told you than what the pet store assistants told you, for obvious reasons.

I really wish you the best with them CB!
Hamsterita is offline   Reply With Quote