View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:13 AM  
Hekomi
Strong Brew Hamstery

Default Re: 2017 comes in with a bang - Welcome L17s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
Lovely news about Starbucks. I can totally get the PTSD after an episode like that - sounds like you made all the right decisions though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drago View Post
Congrats on Starbucks! It sounds like you need some good news after all that stress. It's good though to hear that after such a rough time, things are looking up for you. I'm glad you were able to save little bumble and that mom Gherkin recovered well. I couldn't imagine having to go through all of that with my hams, but you sound to have handled it well. Hope all continues heading in a positive direction

Thank you both. It was very stressful. With Gherkin being on loan it was hard to know if we were making the right decisions. Gherkie was born in our May 2016 litter and belonged to a wonderful 12 year old girl. We kept her father in the loop every step of the way and once she was home from school (and the worst of the tension was over, as she missed the whole "will she survive surgery?!" Panic) we let her know what had happened.

Their family was so wonderful about the whole thing and very very understanding. We are so lucky to have amazing adopters like them!

Hekomi is offline   Reply With Quote