View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 01:20 PM  
leedsgurl

Default Review: Little Friends Grosvenor Rat and Hamster Cage

Little Friends Grosvenor Rat and Hamster Cage

I couldn't find a review anywhere for this cage so thought I would write one.

Exterior dimensions: 77cm x 47cm x 36cm
Interior base dimensions (floor space): 68cm x 38cm
Bar spacing: 1cm
Cost (as at Feb17): £58.36
Accessories: Wooden shelf, ramp, house and tiny wheel.
Link: http://amzn.eu/iFxENdm

Size compared to Hamster Heaven (top shelf) and previous model of Barney (left shelf)

This cage is a moderate size, being pretty much identical in dimensions as the Hamster Heaven. I bought this cage as I love the lid opening at the top, meaning easy access to your hamster. It also fits perfectly on my shelving unit, and although I could've gotten a bigger and cheaper cage, this one is really well built and a good size for small syrian hamsters.

When delivered, the 4 sides of the cage are separate pieces, and slot into plastic edge pieces. The top then attaches on, and the lid is easily opened. The whole cage is really easy to assemble, and feels really study and solid, without being too heavy. This has the added advantage of being able to take apart, clean, and store away easily when not in use.

The lid locks with 2 plastic latches that turn

The shelf is also a good size, and is nice and solid (thicker than the Barney shelves) and has a clever way that it slots in the sides so it is very secure.

The side clips which secure the cage bars to the base also feel very secure, and clip in with ease.

Although the interior dimensions are smaller than the Hamster Heaven due to the sloping sides, it can still easily accommodate a large wooden wheel, although there is only 1-2 cm clearance from the top bars.

The accessories that it comes with are pretty useless though, especially the wheel which is ridiculously tiny, just throw them away!

Overall, I know this isn't the biggest cage, but if you like your hamster mansions, this could still be good as an intermediate cage until the hamster grows out of it. It's ideal if you have limited space, and like easy access.
leedsgurl is offline   Reply With Quote