Thread: Is this normal
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 02:19 PM  
hazel and luna
Newborn Pup

Question Is this normal

Hi I'm new to hamster central. ive owned previous Syrian hamsters in the past so I know what I'm doing when it comes to hamsters (generally), but I have never owned dwarf hamsters before.

yesterday I went out and brought two Russian dwarf hamsters (Hazel and Luna) from the RSPCA. When I went there most of the dwarf's were separated apart from these two as they said they were the only ones that didn't fight.

I took them both home in the traveling cage and they slept in a shared bed fine. in the evening however I noticed that hazel kept on squeaking at Luna, however I knew that was fine as I have done previous research I knew that they could have little tiffs.

however today I've noticed that they are doing it more often, and while the tiffs are short they have become a little bit physical like pushing each other over, they are not chasing each other or cornering each other and no blood has been drawn, if they pass each other they do it or if Luna climbs into hazels hideout.

they are in the zoo zone 2, so a large cage, they have two food bowls, lots and lots of toys, 1 flying saucer and 1 silent spinner and about 6 hideouts so its not like there having to share everything.

I was just wondering if this is normal, and is it any cause for concern? could it just be the new environment?

I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone has, thank you.

Last edited by leedsgurl; 02-12-2017 at 03:26 AM.
hazel and luna is offline   Reply With Quote