Thread: Rats!!
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 03:16 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Rats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abi5sos1d View Post
So are yout saying that if I buy cheap fleeces from like primark or somewhere that I need to use zorb underneath? My cage comes with a litter tray so in my head I was thinking to use a fleece on the base and clip it on and put like a small pad (like a puppy pad) underneath the litter tray in case they kick out some litter and on the levels I was just going to wrap fleece around and clip it on.
If you get rats that aren't good with litter training you should use fleece with the material underneath.It's more of a precaution though,plus all sorts of things aside from urine can cause moisture in cages so it is better to have something to soak up the moisture than not.Even water bottles will leave moisture,and the easiest way to prevent any problems because of that is just lining the cage base instead of taking a chance.

You don't want rats chewing on puppy pads or anything like that,so they'd have to be underneath fleece for the safety of the rats.Zorb would be washable,therefore reusable and a money saver in the long run.Puppy pads however would get very expensive and would have to be thrown away often
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote