Thread: Meet Leia
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2017, 01:45 PM  
Leia
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Meet Leia

I've been having a lot of fun with Leia. Training definitely isn't going as planned and I think she just wants nothing to do with being petted or handled which is fine with me. I did play a trick on her which was funny for me, but I'm sure it wasn't for her.

I've been trying to get her to come and sit in my hand for a bit. I would have my hand in her cage with a mealworm in my palm. She normally would run around my hand a few times and then eventually she would sneak onto my hand, grab the mealworm and bolt into her lookout. Well, a few days ago, she grabbed the mealworm and just sat there eating it while still in the palm of my hand. I slowly started to move my hand and it was something out of a cartoon. She stopped eating, sat there and just looked around. I guess she realized something was up and she just leaped off my hand leaving her half-eaten mealworm in my palm. I guess she realized she left the worm because she came back in a split second, grabbed it and then dashed up the tube into her lookout. The whole exchange was something I wish I could have gotten on video. I do find it amusing how such a small animal can have a true personality.
Leia is offline   Reply With Quote