View Single Post
Old 01-20-2017, 07:25 AM  
jency
Hamster Pup

Default Re: think my cage is wrong

cage put together i put what substrate i had left which is quite deep. i put ratchet in his ball which is one thats on a stand and he can go in and out. i put som substrate from his old cage in plus his old bedding and house, his food dish and toilet. he had a wander round lots of sniffing and investigating. he then emptied his house and put the bedding in the new one which is massive. was going to leave him for a bit then get him out i use his ball because he doesnt like being held at first and he quite happily climbs in it.
tried to get him out the cage but wouldnt come out, he left house to use potty but went back in his house building his nest. i left him another hour and he started collecting food. by midnight i gave up and went to bed. snuck in around 2am and he was playing in his ball. so i have just left him in it. spot cleaned earlier he came out to have a look what i was doing then went to his toilet and then food bowl then back in his house.
this is not how i was advised to do it but he seems happy. wiggling his whiskers at me. is this ok.
jency is offline   Reply With Quote