View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 06:30 PM  
AmityvilleHams
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Feeding my hamster baby food

As long as it has no unsafe preservatives,garlic/onion/leek/etc,doesn't have added sugar,and is either fruit or vegetable flavor or a safe meat(no pork,I don't think fish baby food exists but I'd avoid that too if it does exist).

For the US,Gerber baby puffs are an option but use moderation.For diabetic prone species stay under 5 pieces a week,Syrians could have more.They're extremely low in sugar despite having fruit,considering 6 pieces would have about 1/10th of a gram of sugar(a full 60 piece serving is just 1 gram of sugar,and hamsters obviously wouldn't be getting that many).That is just concerning the organic apple ones though,other flavors and the regular variety might be different so check each flavor for safety.A tip on those is also be careful where you buy them as they can be extremely expensive,but if you can get them at some sort of discount store(Big Lots,if that is in your area,for example)they're extremely cheap and you get a very large amount that would last a long time.
AmityvilleHams is offline   Reply With Quote