View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:26 PM  
pumpkin13
Newborn Pup

Default New syrian owner needing advice please

Hi all.

We have recently bought a Syrian hamster for our 10 year old daughter. She is lovely and we have had her for about a week. She has a Little Friends Grosvenor Rat and hamster cage and a 12" silent spinner wheel. Her house is quite large and has a solid bottom. I am worried it may be dirty in there and she also has a hoard of food in there. I don't want to disturb her house as I don't want to distress her as we have only had her for one week. Reading on here I think a house with no solid bottom would be better. How long should I leave it before I change her house? I would also like to change the position of her house and rearrange the layout. Again should I leave it until she has settled in a bit more. Both my daughter and I have been talking to her. My daughter has tried the tissue with her scent on. If both of us are talking to her and hand feeding her, will it confuse her? I am better to leave it to just my daughter(with supervision). She is becoming more confident with us. She comes out of her house when she hears us and comes to the bars to get a treat.
Sorry to ask so much. Would greatly appreciate any advice.
pumpkin13 is offline   Reply With Quote