View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 07:03 PM  
Ezio
Newborn Pup

Talking Game to play with Hamster

I just discovered a game to play with your hamster, that I know works for Syrians I'm not sure about dwarfs besides I've never had one. So what I did was lay my zipped up sleeping bag on a flat surface and sit in the entry of it, then I hid lots of his little treats all in it and let the sleeping bag collapse a little. I have a little flashlight that is kind of like a big glow stick so it isn't to bright but illuminates enough light to see. I then put Bilbo in the sleeping bag and he ran around in it excitedly finding the treats and burying under its folds. It was a good way for him to run around freely but still in a contained area so if he was exiting I could still seem him besides I was sitting in the entry with the light and make sure he didn't escape without my knowledge. I used little dried Papaya treats made for hamsters that I got from Target which seemed to work well besides they smell fruity so he could sniff them out and they weren't messy or to big so he could have a bunch, but I think any treat would work well. Just remember if you decide to try this and your hammy gets stressed to put them back in their cage to calm down for a while. Bilbo didn't get stressed at all but every hamster is different.
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote