Thread: Hamster Chewing
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 03:38 PM  
katiekay
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Hamster Chewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMB View Post
Make sure the wheel is spinning freely and it is big enough for the hamster to run with a straight back.

Also check the water bottle is working. Have a dark nesting house/area and tubes and toys. Whimzee and ants dog chews are often liked by hamsters rather than the wood chews sold for hamsters.
Yes the wheel is spinning freely. It's a 10.5" wheel from Carolina storm express, it's actually maybe even a tad big for her. She's on the smaller end of Syrians I believe. I check her water bottle multiple times a day just to be sure and have put in a tiny water bowl just in case. I have made a diy borrow box out of a cardboard box and put a log on that, as well as a log going to the box and she loves to burrow between the box and the log, as well as one of the traditional igloo homes that she doesn't really pay much attention to. Maybe I will try putting a home in one of the corners since that's where she is chewing. There is also a tube in the tank but I will put more in definitely. Dog toys are an interesting thing I wouldn't have thought about that!
katiekay is offline   Reply With Quote