View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 03:04 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Imac fantasy - bar spacing

I agree that the Imac Fantasy isn't a great cage for a Robo. The main issue being the base isn't deep enough to hold enough substrate. And dwarf hammies can be great tunnelers and diggers.

I'm guessing you like the idea of a barred cage. Personally I think the Savic Mickey 2XL is a brilliant cage for a Robo - it has 7mm bar spacing, a good deep base for substrate and a nice big front opening door, with a flat roof so you can hang things from the roof. It's also not too high (36cm internally like the maxi duna multy) - the downside being the price! It's about £79 now I think now.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Cages-Pen...vic+Mickey+2XL

I had it for our Syrian before I upgraded him - the metal barred shelf needs to come out but then it's easy to set up with floor toys and a shelf. It comes with some savic tubes for in cage, a sputnik, water bottle and food bowl - this is how it looked for our Syrian (big stuff obviously!) - see photo link below.

If you don't like the Duna Multy, have you seen the Kerry Terrarium? It's about the same size as the Duna Multy - slightly bigger due to having straight sides. The top bars are 7mm spacing so fine for a robo and there's a centre door that opens in the top bars as well, or the whole top just slides off. That's also £69.99 though. I think it's a great tank for a robo. You could have a really good depth of substrate in there. Or a detolf

Hamster Cages: great selection at zooplus: Small Pet Terrarium Kerry

I know the Imac Fantasy looks fun but it doesn't really have any advantages as a hamster cage! And it's not that cheap either.

I agree the Duna Multy can be a bit limited - there isn't a lot of space to modify it with a lot of variety of toys and enrichment. I think the maxi duna multy is good though (has 7mm bar spacing on top too) - it's taller so you can fit more substrate in and have plenty of space to make it fun and colourful with tubes and tunnels and hidey places, like the Imac Fantasy.

Cage Maxi Duna Multy

I like these set ups in the maxi duna multy for a robo One of them is the Zoozone 2 which is about the same dimensions and you can get that for about £45 but the top lid needs meshing.

http://www.hamstercentral.com/commun...8-post144.html

And this is an amazing set up in a maxi duna A bit beyond my creative skills but shows what you can do with it

Obi's natural set up is complete!

This set up is fun and colourful and would be nice for a robo too (pic further down page)

Maxi Duna Multy Has Arrived!

I'm guessing you don't fancy a bin cage?

Another barred cage with 7mm bar spacing is one sold on Amazon.de - it works out about £55 to £60 including delivery. It's basically a lower Barney cage or a maxi duna multy with a barred top.

https://www.amazon.de/PETGARD-M%C3%A...s=Elmo+hamster

Last edited by Pebbles82; 11-26-2022 at 05:53 PM.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote