Thread: A Dwarf Story
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2017, 02:17 PM  
Almi
Hamster Pup

Default Re: A Dwarf Story

Apparently, escaped rodents is the theme lately in this house. Alice got out this morning, and scurried into the next room, which is the bedroom of two of my children. My daughter who is always losing the rodents - as well as finding them - of course is the one who found her and put her back in her cage. I'm glad she told me about it.

If you didn't notice in the pictures, there's no lid on Alice's tank, because I don't have a second 20 gallon lid. I tried to make it so she couldn't climb out...but apparently, Alice JUMPS. Lol. She sure showed me.

So here is what happened. I had to rearrange the tank a little, obviously. I also wasn't sure exactly how long she'd been away, or what she had in mind with escaping, so I wanted to make sure the babies were okay. The nest is in a tea box underneath a shelf in the cage, so all I had to do was move some bedding aside and open the other end of the box (where she doesn't have the entrance).

I peeked, and there are floofs still, and they seem to be just fine. Although, I noticed on one of them that there seemed to be bite marks? I hope Alice isn't stressed. Maybe she's just a new mom and doesn't know how to handle them gently enough yet? In any case, I tucked the flap back in on the box and replaced the bedding around it.

I have been giving Alice some peanut butter lately, and she can't seem to get enough. I have a feeling she's seeking out more of it (or more fat in general), maybe possibly why she escaped. So I gave her a peanut butter sandwich, and will be giving her many different food items today to see if I can help her out with what she was searching for.

Just one more week until these little guys are in the clear, praying they do well.

I got to see Lou-Lou this morning too, she came out to see what was up and come out for cuddles. You would hardly recognize her from the pictures here, she has gotten so white! Her whole face is white except her head, and her body followed suit. She looks so much like a white-faced Robo. Lol.
Almi is offline   Reply With Quote