View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 06:48 PM  
InkyPen
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Milly Is Home! (also some questions)

She's beautiful! With regards to your questions -

1) She's probably just settling in and getting used to her surroundings. If she is eating and drinking, then I really wouldn't worry at this stage!

2) Mine has moved her bed around several times - three locations so far! First it was her hide, then a favoured corner of her cage, then her digging box, where she seems to have settled! I'd try to avoid waking her up too much during the day though - you've just got to sort of trust that she is in there unless there's any evidence to the contrary (like a door that has been left open!). Being woken up several times per night would make me grumpy and tired, and I'm sure that hamsters aren't that different! It may also be contributing to the issue in question 3...

3) I've managed to avoid deliberately waking Inky up too often in the daytime, though she lives in our kitchen / lounge room so while we're an adult couple with no kids that don't make excessive amounts of noise, we don't make any special effort to be quiet during the day. However, I do tend to wake her up at about 6/7pm, when I get home from work as it's reasonably late at that point.

Perhaps leaving her during the day and waking her up early evening would help her to get into a routine that fits in with you but isn't too alien for her?