Thread: A Dwarf Story
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM  
Almi
Hamster Pup

Default Re: A Dwarf Story

Aw, that's a shame about the baby pics. I don't plan on disturbing the nest, but on many occasions I have met baby hamsters without having to disturb their nest. One can only hope to see them sooner rather than later! That is quite a clever way to deter people from disturbing a hamster nest just for pictures, though.

Yes, I do think hamsters are like rabbits in that mating causes them to ovulate. They could have mated after the birth and gotten pregnant, yes. Humans can do that, sometimes, too!

You could be right, if they mated right away, maybe her hormones are telling her to chase that male away. We will find out - and don't worry, there will be no triple back-to-back litters here. I know what it's like to have babies back to back, and it does a very good job of wearing a body out!

I lied about "no blood" on Bo-Bo. I looked at him closely, and the poor guy has a little nip on his face; glad I got him out.

Alice seems to be doing wonderfully. She looks great, good energy, still comes out and hops into my hand, and then goes back to stuffing pouches and bringing food back to the nest. She is so soft and full of milk! Her belly feels like...well...full of milk! I can only hope that means we'll have some healthy pups.

I'm not sure what will happen with the babies, we do have several options. We certainly have the means to care for many hamsters, but I'm not sure if we'll be keeping them all for ourselves. I can continue to update as long as you guys like.

P.S. Alice and Bo-Bo keep getting all the attention - I forgot, I got Jo-Jo cuddles yesterday! He has been hiding quite a bit since the cage switch. Such a sweet little guy.

Last edited by Almi; 01-04-2017 at 01:42 PM.
Almi is offline   Reply With Quote