Thread: Help!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 03:48 PM  
StarlightSerenity
Wicked Witch of Manchester

Default Re: Help!

Update! The newbie, now named Wispa (after the chocolate bar because she's brown and white and has little wisps of fur behind her ears) is on the mend. Took her to the vets the morning after her accident, annoyingly didn't get to see the exotics vet but the one that examined her seemed to know enough. Although obviously hadn't handled an untame baby wriggly Syrian ham for a while lol! Got anti biotics (baytril) and anti inflammatories (meloxidyl), she gave her the first dose via injection and I'm giving the rest orally. She really doesn't like taking her meds lol.

I'm pretty sure she's eaten solid food, I did give her some baby food which she wolfed down but I've seen her crunching on other stuff too. Had another look at her teeth, one is broken off near the gum at a slight angle, the other seems to be straight. She does have a gap between the teeth though so I think one might be wobbly which I'll keep an eye on. She didn't get a tooth trim, the vet didn't offer and to be honest I would have probably refused as she wasn't an experienced exotics vet. I'll keep an eye on her teeth and if they grow wrong I'll get her to the exotics vet. She's doing everything else normally, using her wheel etc.

Haven't got any decent pics of her yet as I've only had her a week and our friend has our DSLR camera at the moment but took a quick pic of her on my phone -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20170101_22_46_07_Pro.jpg (534.3 KB, 18 views)
StarlightSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote