View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 10:57 AM  
Penguin
Senior Hamster

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

Oh look at that cutie!
He is stunning Cypher! And I think he might have picked you as his food-bringer rather than the other way around The kisses were all a part of his plan to win you over teehee

Don't worry about the taming not going as planned! I'm sure he will come around, he just needs time and patience. I also find that hamsters sometimes get a bit antisocial. At least I have experienced that Kiki had times where she would withdraw herself completely for 2-3 days and not come out before I went to bed. This was regardless of me going to bed early or as late as 4am, so my first thought was that Zylvan might be a bit like that too.
Everything is so new, needs to be explored and taking treats was exciting at first so that he could make a nice storage and make sure that food wouldn't be an issue. But it sounds like when he got comfortable with what he had and his new surroundings, he needed a bit of time to himself to digest all the new changes and gather a bit of energy to be on stage again?
Maybe like an introvert person, they like being around people just fine, but need a bit of time alone too.

I think moving him to a smaller bin was a good idea. He does sound a bit timid

Hope you had a good christmas and a great new year
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote