View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 08:16 AM  
Cinnamon Bear
Banned

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

It must be frustrating, I don't have much experience outside of Izzy and one other female Chinesey that was even less social than Izzy.

I think it's a relationship builder with a hamster that takes time. I see Izzy during feeding time in the evenings. Just now, 9 mo later she is starting to run on the wheel with the lights on.

I never lift her out of her nest except for cleanings once every other month. I don't clean her nest at all. She will put her front paws on my hand to get a treat that I put higher up on my hand, but other than that she will either go back under the bedding fast, or nip me then run under the bedding fast (to stash the food).

I'm not the best advice as I have not had positive experiences in taming Chinese hamsters. When I picked her out she was the less social, her sister was better but I waited too long to decide and her sister was adopted right away.

Hope Zylvan adjusts quickly for you but I wouldn't clean the nest, but I'm not an expert on the species. As you can see that I enjoy Izzy for 5 min a day if that. Sometimes I just leave her completely by herself. But I know that is NOT what you want. Wishing you the best!
Cinnamon Bear is offline   Reply With Quote