View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:58 AM  
Hamsterita
La loca de los hamsters

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

You know that I'm a newbie, but I would give the bendy bridge a try. If you see him very nervous or stressed you can always put back the house

In my experience, Blacky was very skittish and insecure, and leave him be completely wasn't helping the taming process. In two weeks, luring him out of his nest with treats and trick him with more treats to go to the bed(playpen) when I heard that he was having a snack we made more progress with taming than in 2 months and a half the other way. I was waiting for him to come out at his own pace, but If I hadn't make something I would still be waiting. On december the 2nd he step on my hand and even walk a bit through my arm, and I though that he was having a seizure or something because he always avoided it (Imagine my surprise that I remember perfectly the date haha). Now his confidence has grown and even he's reluctant some times to the hands, he usually crawls over them and uses them as a ladder, and lately even he allows me to hold him for a few seconds.

Obviously I had two advantages, he never refused a treat from my hand, and luring him out of his open nest was easier than luring him out from his house (and he didn't used to use his house)
Hamsterita is offline   Reply With Quote