View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 12:03 PM  
Ezio
Newborn Pup

Default Old 4 year old hamster having mad half hour

Okay so my hamster is in his twighlight years usually sleeps all day and pretty much all night now, only occasionally getting up for mainly water and his tray but sometimes his food. He's not very strong anymore. if I put him on my bed to romp around it's hard for him to even climb around on the blankets, he can't roll around in my room because he can no longer move in the ball. But last night when I went into my room he poked his little head out, looked at me and made a super happy little squeak, I said hello and brushed my teeth not thinking much of it. When I came back he was acting crazy excited, he was running around, jumping ontop of his little house that his nest is in. there's a little ledge that's hard for him to get onto so he dosnt usually sit on it anymore but it's closest to my pillow, he was jumping easily on and off of it trying to get my attention, so I pet his fur and he just happily sat there for a long time enjoying the attention. He was even playing with his chew toys, which is crazy because even in his youth he never paid attention to his toys. I'm wondering what could have caused this sudden burst of energy and strength in him? It seemed to last about 2 hours. The only thing I can think of is yestarday morning I came him the littelest bite of my cinnamon roll, because he came out of his house when he smelt it, I know it's bad for him, but I figured when your that old and any hour could be your last and you want some cinnamon roll, then you should have some cinnamon roll, haha.
Ezio is offline   Reply With Quote