View Single Post
Old 12-22-2016, 02:48 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Zylvan, another new man in my life!

Thanks Lizzy
It is a shame Chinesey's are still so hard to find, the pet shop I've been going to stopped selling them about the same time as P@H & I have no idea why they changed policy but maybe there's hope other shops will too although going by the age I've found them maybe they aren't selling well although how anyone can resist is totally beyond me of course!

With all these men in the house now I think maybe Zen is feeling a bit outnumbered & Zyl is closer to her than the others, she was in a bit of a funny mood yesterday evening, she kept coming to the door ignoring the seeds in my hand & just leaning out looking around, she obviously knew someone new was around as she went back into her nest & sent out a thankfully brief but very pungent message "This is my territory!"
She's fine this morning though & has just quite happily destroyed another pot of sprouts

The little man is staying mostly underground this morning but we did have a really sweet moment earlier when I heard him having a drink & went to talk to him, he hid in the corner under his water bottle for a moment then popped his head out, ears up all curious. I was holding a little piece of nut up to the mesh by one of the shelves & he gradually came closer, dived back underground then a little pink nose appeared at the mesh just under the shelf, it was so cute, the nose was all I could see but I moved the nut & felt the tug as he took it, he stayed a moment or two then vanished again!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote