View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:40 AM  
climber008
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Kilian, the New Ham on the Block

Day Four of Adopting Kilian

It's the fourth day since I met the little boy, and I am falling even farther in love!

Ladyntramp002 and I are continuing the training process, and he seems like he is doing quite well. He has been slightly more skittish since last night, but he still runs to investigate and tries to climb out. We may try to do the "Tissue Trick" with him, as that may get him more used to our scent even when we are not in the same room as him.

Kilian's wheel is squeaking soooo loudly that we have to move him in a different room from Kornelia during the night, as she seems greatly bothered by the "disturbance". Thankfully, his Wodent Wheel should be arriving any day through the mail! I'm sure all of our ears will be greatly relieved when it does.

He seems to continue transitioning well to the gradual change in his food mixture, which is great! I'm sure it tastes much better to him, as well as healthier. We're hoping that we can give him some fresh veggies (lettuce) soon, but I'm not quite sure when that would be okay for his tummy?!