View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 10:30 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Help! I think Rosies scared what do i do?

Amity the size of the cage totally depends on the individual ham, if a ham needs a small space it can be hard to fit in the bare necessities but that does not mean you have to upgrade the cage, to do that with a scared or reclusive robo would probably mean a major backward step.
Most hams also only hoard dry food so the stash can be left for quite a while with no problem & I've never had a smelly hoard! If they do stash fresh food then the way or time fresh is given needs changing.

Mollysfriends I would focus on getting her used to the box again for now, if you aren't sure where she sleeps then don't worry too much as a robo pees so little it doesn't need to be cleaned that frequently, half the cage once a month should be fine, if you can figure out where she sleeps & pees while you do those cleans then you'll know where you may sometimes need to clean more often.
It can be hard to tell where the pee is, even with white fitch I often find sniffing it is the only way to know
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote