Thread: Help
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 PM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Help

Definitely get a potty if you don't use one already! Ours has always used his. Although I have to put it where he decides the toilet is! When I gave him a larger house he moved his wee corner inside the house, and I think this is a natural thing for them, if they have a big enough house - to have the bathroom in a corner of the house. The German hamster houses come with "rooms" and space to fit a corner potty in, and I can see why as it seems to be a natural behaviour for hamsters to have their toilet inside the house if it's big enough. Charlie used to use the corner of the cage nearest the house when he had a small one but occasionally would pee in his nest. Now he has the potty inside the house he doesn't pee in his nest - which is good. He then ran out of space for hoards though and started hoarding in his potty! So got him an even bigger house lol with room for both - but have found he chooses to mostly hoard under his nest and does this when the substrate is deep enough.

He has started hoarding in his potty again recently and I think that's something to do with the stress of a house move. I know if I move the potty he will just keep peeing in the same place anyway, so might change the house so it's a different layout

Lucky hammy having a detolf! Moving the wheel sounds good.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote