View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 04:46 PM  
Penguin
Senior Hamster

Default Rest well my loveliest

It's with great sorrow that I had Kiki put to sleep yesterday. The poor thing went down after her 4th tooth abscess, but with bravery and courage.

Even on her last day, she was strong and did her best to stay happy. Unfortunately, 2 days after having a tooth abscess the size of a big pea removed, a new one just as big had appeared to take its place. It bothered her a lot and she couldn't stop touching it. She also had trouble eating and started to lose her strength. She was very wobbly and had trouble keeping her balance. I couldn't get myself to pull her through the weekend and hope the vet would tell me it would be okay. It grew so fast and the vet had already done what could be done. So I decided it was her time to have peace.

The vet I went to, to give her peace also agreed there wasn't anything to do, but of course I can't stop thinking 'what if'. What if the more experienced vet at that clinic could help?

I just have so much trouble understanding why something so mild and innocent had to go through so much pain. Why couldn't she just enjoy her already short life and grow old? Even on her last days, despite being exhausted by the abscess, she still had so much energy to spare. You really couldn't tell that she would turn 2 in april.

If I could talk to you once more Kiki, I would thank you for everything you have taught me. You weren't only my first hamster, but the first tiny friend that I had to take care of all by myself. You gave me courage to do things when I needed it and calmed me down when the anxiety wouldn't leave me alone.
I know I made mistakes with you, but I did everything I could to give you the best life possible. Seeing your happy face would brighten any day and listening to you at night would help me sleep.
Kiki, you were and always will be my princess. Sebas' too. He misses his little lovely lady so much. He keeps telling me. Keeps telling me about how he misses the tiny monster.
Thank you for everything Kiks. You were the best hammy ever and you won't ever understand how much I will always love you. I'm so sorry I couldn't do more for you.
Good luck on your journey.

From her first day to her last

Last edited by Penguin; 11-12-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote