View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:42 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Pumpkin

Pumpkin says thank You cypher and Thin Lizzy for all the nice compliments. She has been enjoying chewing and playing with her new toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Lizzy View Post
Harvey had that house but he started peeing in it and he now has Archie's igloo which he loves and has gone back to his toilet corner.
I'm going to have to make a visit to my Range store.
I have two of these Gingerbread houses – I couldn’t resist getting another one 50% off last year – Pumpkin has currently filled hers up with Fitch. I like visiting The Range, although they don’t have the biggest selection of small pet toys (you can see their selection on their website) but the items they have are fairly inexpensive – the other day I bought 2 bendy bridges, 2 boredom breaker chew tubes Small (£0.49p) and Medium (£1.00), some Burgess gnaw sticks and a few treats. Normally I get Plastikote and Harry Hamster food from The Range too.

First Taming Session –

Today Pumpkin had her first taming session – at first she was a little wary of the playpen and she took a while to feel brave enough to venture out of her cage – but once she was out she was her confident self, running around exploring, playing with some new toys – although she did start chewing the towel I had covered my carpet with but when she realised I had hidden a few treats around this was a distraction for her – linseeds, pumpkin seeds, pieces of walnut and few mealworms – she had fun searching for them – she really likes the mealworms and did turn her nose up to walnuts initially but did pouch them later on. Pumpkin did find the courage to climb into my hands but she was a little nervous at first – but this is good progress for her first taming session. She wasn’t best pleased when it was time to go back in her cage – trying to find a way back out, started chewing the cage door but a little while later she was fast asleep in her nest - all the excitement tired her out.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote