View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 04:46 AM  
velma

Default Re: Natural themed hamster bin cage

I think two bins linked would be more secure than trying to make one big bin. Given that a lot of hams are better at escaping than Houdini, I personally would want to know I had secure lids.
But anyway, back to your original question which was about natural set ups. I think wood always looks nice and I've had some nice wood hideouts for my cages, the kind with the bark still on amd they look nice am natural. I also have some resin reptile dishes of differing sizes that look good too. I have small ones that I've used below water dishes and a larger one that I used to use sometimes for my robo as sand bath. I've had some corner steps and a bridge in that material too. When I've gone for a more natural look I've also used Carefresh naturals as a substrate as its a cardboard brown colour so looks a bit more outdoorsy. I think the wooden hideouts I've had have been mostly from Trixie and the resin dishes and steps/bridges were from Komodo (I think) but a lot of companies make similar. Just be careful that they don't have anything stuck on (like fake greenery) that a ha could chew. I'm sure you'll also get some great ideas from the show us your cages thread too.
velma is offline   Reply With Quote