View Single Post
Old 08-05-2016, 05:31 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: questions about Syrians

I haven't read everything here but I think the alaska you already have would be just fine for a syrian emma, it's a good size & high enough to fit a nice big wheel in, cage sizes etc can start to sound really complicated but you have a good cage so really you just need to think about a larger wheel & house or just use a nice big cardboard box & maybe some tubes or other toys that are more rat or guinea pig size than the ones you see sold for hamsters & that's all you need to begin with anyway.
I doubt many wooden hamster toys or ladders & things would survive boiling tbh, unless it's something you really want to keep it's best to start with new wooden things if you get another ham.
You're right about hay, it can damage their pouches so you have to pick through it carefully to remove any sharp bits & freeze it for at least 48 hrs in case of mites so it's quite a lot of bother & they don't really need it, many hams will just ignore it.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote