View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 05:01 PM  
xiaojingi
Newborn Pup

Default ♥ Boopi the hammie

Hi guys!
Meet Boopi the hammie! ^o^ He's been with my for almost three weeks now, and it's been a rollercoaster ride for him! The first time I saw him, he was all snuggled up with his brothers. He was being squished against the glass wall, but he didn't care :P! That's when I thought.. this silly little hammie, I'm bringing him home!

I don't know the English word, but in the Netherlands we call it a "Garden Centre". It's where you can buy plants, garden and pet stuff. So the guy at the garden centre recommended a sort of cat litter for nesting, unfortunately I hadn't done my research then. After two days of bringing Boopi home, I decided to change it to Carefresh, but that made him really scared the sudden change. It was already hard enough for him the whole process of moving sorry Boopi!

Since he bit me, I got scared of handling him. I got sad and anxious that I would hurt him, that he's scared of me etc, that he wouldn't get used to me. He hissed a lot. Now two weeks later he still bites me lol. But I feel he's slowly starting to get used to me! He doesn't hiss anymore when i (spot) clean his cage, or pick his house up to clean. It's probably still gonna take a lot of time for him to really get close to me, but it'll be worth the wait! Thank you guys on this forum, it's been a real help reading up on tips and tricks. Couldn't have done it without you guys! ^^
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160720_225705.jpg (77.7 KB, 31 views)
xiaojingi is offline   Reply With Quote