Thread: Everything Zen
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 12:45 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Everything Zen

Things are still quite chaotic round here, digging & more digging seems to be Zen's main occupation!
Nothing much had moved when I got up yesterday but more digging soon ensued & before long her wheel was half buried & full of substrate again I thought she'd managed to get under the shelf again but somehow she was digging all the substrate out from the back of the cage, round the corner of the little fence & making a huge mountain in front of the wheel, still haven't figured out quite how she was doing it

She's still very timid but settling in well, she seems more nervous in the evening than the morning for some reason, she's very busy in the morning so maybe that takes her mind off being nervous! She did more or less come straight to the bars looking for a seed when I went to her first thing today so I don't think she's too scared. A bit wary of the big hand in the cage but will take a few seeds from me so I'm happy with her progress so far.

I keep making changes to her cage, trying to keep it incremental so I don't upset her with too much at once but she seems to approve & not be too bothered with my efforts, I'm trying to make space for a hammock so she has another nice place to hang out above ground rather than spending most of her time in her warren. She is a bit of a chewer though so I think I'll have to proceed with caution although she's mostly chewing things she should chew & might well be fine with fleece.
Her sand bath salt pig was the biggest problem as it's a bit tall so she now has Whisp's sand bath, that was a bit of a wrench as it was still in the cage with her sand & little foot prints in it, every time I went to take it out I just couldn't do it but as it was in a good cause I finally managed it & little Zen really seems to like it too. (It has been well & truly disinfected, washed & dried out.)
She also has Whisp's old coconut too which she's enjoying & gives me another place to hide her food, it is nice to see these things being put to good use, happy & sad all at the same time really.

Still haven't managed to get any decent photos but I live in hope!
Her colour seems quite a bit paler than the others, not sure if I'll be able to show that when I do get some photos or not.
Here's a not very good one of her out for a little forage, the little yellow house behind her has just about disappeared below the substrate now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forage.jpg (93.2 KB, 22 views)
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote