Thread: New here, Hello
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 12:39 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: New here, Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Parp Parp View Post
Thank you for the advice on using the "Fitch bedding" as well as the "Back to Nature" pellets, would you suggest 50%/50% of each or have you found some other ratio more applicable?.
I normally cover the whole base of the cage in back 2 nature pellets, so you can't see the cage base and then put in a deep layer of Fitch (if you notice Emily likes to dig you can put more Fitch in), you can leave it in layers like this or mix the Fitch with the back 2 nature pellets. The area you notice Emily is using as her toilet I would put a couple more handful in.

I would also recommend getting a larger wheel, as if there back arch when running in their wheel, she might refuse to use the wheel. A wheel like this would be more suitable (28cm one) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trixie-Exer...xie+wheel+28cm or another wheel between 10 to 12 inches (this depends upon the size of Emily when she full grown) but a 12" wheel are normally more easily available. This thread also gives links for suitable wheels (Guide to suitable hamster Wheels).

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote