View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 12:27 AM  
LadyPikachu
Adult Hamster

Exclamation Poorly Pikachu, rapid weight loss.

Hello all, it's been some time since I came here. Apologies for that, life became rather busy.

Pikachu has become very poorly over the past week, and she is now on Antibiotics and Painkillers after a vet visit yesterday. Being my first hamster, it's definitely quite the experience syringe feeding such a tiny animal let alone bathing her eyes with saline solution... luckily for me she is a diamond and takes it like a champ with no fuss.

She has rapidly lost weight the past few days, but she has been eating and has not lost her appetite (or her attitude ) . I gave her a bit of Ready Brek yesterday so that I knew she didn't have an empty belly on her meds.. and she scoffed it up and loved it. The extra vitamins seemed to give her a little boost as she was trying to climb on her house not long after which was refreshing to see after she has been shaking in the corner for most of Sunday.

Of course I can't just keep feeding her Ready Brek.. so what else is good to boost up her weight but not in an unhealthy way?

I've been reading online but I felt like it would be nice to come back here and ask you guys, as you're all great and honestly I could use the actual interaction right now as I am so upset and scared for my little friend.

Thanks for reading!

Owner Since : 18.11.2014 | Est. Birthday : 07.10.2014
Found out he was a she : 02.12.2014
Passed to the rainbow bridge : 08.07.2016 | Forever missed, never forgotten.
LadyPikachu is offline   Reply With Quote