View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 09:17 AM  
WinnieTheHam
Autumn Hamstery

Default I need your help for my plan.

I honestly had no idea what to name this thread! haha. I'm in no trouble or anything so don't worry. I am currently beginning a thread about genetics to go on this forum which will hopefully be easily understandable to most people which is my aim, as I know a lot of people are interested in it.

I am wanting to include pictures to illustrate Syrian colours and thought it would be nice for you all to contribute if you'd like. I will reference the photograph to your username so everyone knows it's your photo.

Ideally I'm looking for a nice side shot that is good quality so people can see the colour properly.

It doesn't matter if your hamster doesn't live up to the NHC standards, although it'd be nice if they were good examples and relate to the standards.

Please let me know if you're interested, the colours I am needing include;

Colours;

Golden
Red eyed cream
Black
Chocolate
Rust
Dark grey
Silver grey
Cinnamon
Yellow (Including tort and melanistic yellow)
Sable
Dark eared white
Flesh eared white
Dove
Ivory
Red eyed Ivory
Eyeless white (I want to illustrate what can happen with the white belly gene)
Umbrous (I would also like to illustrate umbrous on other colours, like cinnamon, golden etc..)

Coat types;

Longhaired
Rex (Picture of whiskers also please)
Satin

Patterns;

Dominant spot
Banded
Roan

I'm not going to do every colour under the sun, but just the ones I think are quite common, or more seen than others. I think I have remembered all the patterns and coat types. If anyone advises anything please let me know

Please state the hamster's name, colour, coat type and pattern (if applicable) with the image so I can credit the photo to you and your hamster. I'd prefer the image to suit the colour, for example, I'd like sable to be a pure sable hamster with no pattern unless you want to enter it into one of the pattern classes.

Don't worry if other people have entered the same colour/coat type/pattern. I will choose the photograph which I think fits best

Last edited by WinnieTheHam; 06-30-2016 at 03:44 PM.
WinnieTheHam is offline   Reply With Quote