View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 02:22 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: New Hamster Heaven

That looks really good It's a very nice set up. There could still be a slight fall risk if you don't mind me making a couple of small suggestions. A hammock on the roof in the centre between the two shelves would help risk any falls from the roof down the centre. And at the front, where there's a gap (where the corner shelves stop), you could use that purple ancol tube across that gap at the front, tied to the bars and stretched out a bit, so it makes an access route between the two top shelves (and also blocks the gap). It's high enough that it won't mess up the door access. You can get sisal string by the metre on ebay that's good for tying things to the bars. I also worry a bit about chains in case hammies get their toes caught in them and end up hanging by a leg - but the position of them doesn't look too bad and you maybe know your hamster as well and how they use the cage. But if you got some sisal string for the other tube you could swap the chains for sisal.

So basically, the only slight fall risk is down the centre between the shelves, and across the front from the top (right and centre looking at the photo) - although I can't see how big the gap is between the shelves stopping and the front of the cage. The tube along the front and the hammock over the centre would solve that. Plus it might be quite fun to have the ancol tube as a route between the two top shelves.

This is where you can buy the sisal string by the metre You might need a couple of metres and it's useful to have in for tying things to the cage. You could just loop a piece around the outside of the ancol tube then tie the ends on the other side of the bars - in two or three places along the length of the tube, to hold it in place.

NEW SISAL natural rope string twine, 4 types, you choose size and length 1M | eBay

I love the way you have set it out though - really carefully thought out and looks fun - the left hand front end is fine. If a hamster suddenly climbs up to the roof in a mad moment or monkey bars along the top of the roof they can just drop sometimes though.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote