View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 02:04 AM  
chesca_27
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: Larry-Jasper's thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
What other treats have you tried?
Flax, hemp, sunflower & pumpkin seeds all go down well, only in moderation though!
If he's enjoying his mix you could just hand feed some of that too.
Nuts are fine, I tend to give just tiny pieces more often rather than large pieces left in the cage except monkey nuts, I generally leave one of those in the cage for nibbling on along with a piece of biscrok dog biscuit.
Does he have any antos chews/whimzees? I'm sure he'd love those.
Cypher sorry I'm only replying now. I will try him out with a few nuts. He seemed to like the almonds in his food. I need to buy some extra sunflower seeds and I will try flaxseed. He definitely has flax, sunflower, hemp and pumpkin seeds in his main food which is why I want to find something else. Also I think they are quite fatty.

I already tried the biscrok milky biscuits, he has one in his cage which I'm pretty sure he has ignored although I can't find it without disturbing his burrows. I saw some whimzees in my local Pets at Home. Which flavours/colours and sizes are best for dwarfies? I'll buy him some when I get more pocket money.

Thanks