View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 07:00 AM  
Rodent Fan
Hamster Pup

Talking Getting to know Archie!

So I've had my winter white, Archie, for about 5 days now. I'm learning about him every day, and about hamsters in general - as he is my first.

Here are a few things I've learned about Archie, in our short time together so far

#1: Archie does NOT like to be disturbed in the day time. In the evening, he is very sweet, and will happily hop onto my hand. But if I disturb him while he's sleeping in the day, he makes a very angry hamster noise, and tells me to go away (oops! sorry Archie, lesson learned!).

#2: Archie loves sand baths. He does some sweet break-dancing moves in the sand.

#3: Archie lives life with reckless abandon. Even though I provide a bridge to climb from the top of his labyrinth house, he decides to just leap off of it every time. Good job carefresh is soft!

#4: Archie does his own stunts. But he is very very clumsy. 10/10 for enthusiasm. 2/10 for execution.

#5: Archie has two modes - on and off. He is either charging around, full steam ahead, or in complete chill out mode. He switches between the two suddenly - for example, the time when he ran like crazy on his wheel, and then suddenly took a nap (on his wheel).

#6: Archie is not a biter, but a curious nibbler. Toes are fun to nibble, especially if they have socks on.

#7: Archie has the cutest butt in the entire world. I can't quite get over how tiny his tail is. It looks especially cute when he is in the middle of digging, and all I can see is his fluffy butt stuck up in the air.

These are just a few things I have learnt so far. I'm in love with this crazy little guy, he's such a character already, and I look forward to learning more about him every day!